Saturday, February 19, 2011

The Raccoon Eye Effect



Raccoon eye: when the makeup designed to widen the eye fails, and instead, you look like a beady eyed raccoon. I attempted to demonstrate the horrible affliction that plagues many of our young people today. I hypothesized that if the eyeliner surrounding the eye had total height that was as great as the eye opening itself, that the Raccoon Effect would show itself.

But now that I've drawn it, I'm not so sure. Can I ask you all out there a favor? Will you tell me which rectangle looks bigger?

3 comments:

  1. I think the lower rectangle looks bigger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I usually get that "racoon" make up, not usually because I almost never use make up, but when I use it I tend to use black eyeshadow. I have BIG (and dark) eyes and even mum who isn't a fan of black nothing thinks that it suits me, as it makes my eyes stand and make other less attractive features (like my nose) be less... "noticeable".
    Anyway, I have noticed that in some of my friends it makes them look as they have no eyes at all, so I guess it really depends on the person.
    The lower rectangle looks slightly bigger, I would say.
    Lovely eye drawing, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm...it might be sleep deprivation, but I definitely think the top rectangle looks larger.

    ReplyDelete