Monday, February 1, 2010

Potential Cure for your Ear Phobia

Photobucket

If you're the average person, you avoid ears like the guy on the bus with the tight pants and his legs spread too wide. They're arbitrary, awkward things to draw.

Never fear! I'm here to provide the proverbial spandex bus guy with proverbial Levis!

Ears are designed to funnel.

Photobucket

They're set up in a spiral pattern. A really lumpy pattern, but still. Medical people call these the "helix" and "antihelix". I usually call them "those swirly thingies", but I'll defer to the official terms for sanity.

Photobucket

Remember, these are funnels. They go in. So even with all this lumpiness, they're still basically shaped/shaded like bowls. (Don't forget, light direction shifts.)

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I just re-read this post on ears, as I was dying for your Monday observations, but encountered none... *sigh... it's gonna be one of those lumpy, shaded-bowl days...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was on a bus all day. I feel bad about that, but I've got 13 pages to edit down into a post now.
    Buses are thinking places. And it was quite a weekend.

    ReplyDelete